Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Race to Robie- ACK!!

It has taken me almost 48 hours to actually get to posting this.  I think it is a combination of denial and FEAR  and yes, I mean all capital letters FEAR.  There is a lot of competition to get one of the tickets to the Race to Robie each year.  There are a limited amount available and they are gone, literally, in 30 minutes or less.  This is not a qualifying race so it you get a ticket, you are in.  It is, however, considered the hardest half marathon in the northwest so a popular event. 
You can get more details on the website HERE if you want, but in a nutshell you go uphill 2000 feet in elevation over the first 8 miles and then back down over the next 5 miles.  It is basically for crazy people.  So, get the men with the white coats, I need to be examined!!!

1 comment:

  1. I'm right there with ya... However I also know I have the best training partner in the WORLD and together we can conquer Robie if that is what we want to do!

    Plus they have really cool socks and shirts if we finish ;)

    ReplyDelete