Sunday, February 20, 2011

In case I forget

now that I have had over 24 hours to recover, first I want to say- I WENT 8 MILES!  Second, what the?  Really?  I don't walk to Shopko and it is only half a mile.  Not only that, I set an alarm on a Saturday morning to do this.

I also discovered that after about mile 5- I get a bit silly.  Well, I don't actually know if it is me or the people around me, but today I SWEAR Betty and I saw a man put a rock in his pants.  I don't mean a pebble, I mean a rock about the size of a goose egg.  We could only imagine- and joke - what that was all about.  Is that a rock in your pants.....  Needless to say, the speed was slowed as we were doubled over laughing.  Let it never be said that you can't have fun while participating in self induced torture.

2 comments:

  1. tee-hee must be the endorphins. but a rock? haha I would have pulled out my camera cuz I loooove stuff like that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm going to love it and care for it and call it George...

    And even with all of that we did our best time yet 16.375 minute miles! We felt good and we ran more and we are having fun :)

    ReplyDelete