Sunday, February 13, 2011

Do I look like THAT?!?!

Why yes, yes I do!

So today while Betty and I were on about mile 5.8 (yep those .#s count for a LOT) we were PASSED by a couple of gals who were literally stumbling along.  They were at a slow jog pace, but it looked as though one foot in front of the other was all they could manage and they might collapse any minute. (and remember, I said they PASSED us)  Betty asks "do we look like that?" and my reply was "yep- or at least that is how I feel".

Now despite this and as humiliating as it was, I also know that no matter HOW we look, we are out there DOING this.  Today, we went 7.2 (that .# again) miles.  In fact, if I knew exactly how far my car was parked from the beginning and ending point, I would add that in.  I am sure it is good for at least another .1!!  Every single Saturday we go farther and I am less sore later in the day and the next day than the week before.  I am not sure if I will still be able to say the less sore part come 12 mile week, but so far, so good and I have to tell you, I think Betty and I are pretty darn AWESOME!

3 comments:

  1. Good for you! You're doing awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. you ARE awesome! and 5.8 is pretty damn good gf!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yep 7.2 is awesome and we are improving our times every week! No stopping us now :)

    ReplyDelete