Friday, August 5, 2011

Why am I doing this again?

So, I saw this quote and it pretty much summed up a bunch of stuff...
"One thing about racing is that it hurts. You better accept that from the beginning or you're not going anywhere." -Bob Kennedy, US 5000m record holder and first non-African under 13 minutes


Lately as I hobble out of bed and start the day stretching my Achilles, or when I lean and a muscle tells me it is sore, I have been wondering WHAT AM I THINKING!?!?!?. Not with any thought to stop, mind you, but more of a who is this person and where did she come from that thinks this is not only a good idea, but fun?

I have come to realize that is not sanity kicking in but self doubt.  The part of my brain that has been trained to tell me that I can't and I shouldn't try.  Well guess what, I am kicking THAT me to the curb!  I can, and I WILL!  I am going to feel like a rock star and do the hard stuff.  The things I have never done, but always dreamed of.  This is just the first step, my life has so many more things I want to do and accomplish.  Look out world, I am HERE!!!!

1 comment: