Thursday, June 23, 2011

I DID IT!

I conquered the dreaded 'buffet'!  I have family in town visiting and it has been a whirlwind of going out to eat.  For the most part, I have been able to find healthy choices and not do too badly.  Last night, however, was the buffet restaurant.  You know the kind, where you have the feeling you really need to get your money's worth and they have islands and islands of food, desserts and multiple soda and ice cream machines.  SOOOOOOOOOOO easy to just go crazy!  I will admit that I did splurge, a bit.  However, not like I normally would.  My indulgences were 1/2 cup of yummy 40 gazzillion calories Au Gratin potatoes and a huge, warm, butter topped white roll with honey butter.  I did not get a dessert.  I didn't look at the 'island of sin'.  I knew if I did there would be things I wanted, but without looking, I was completely fine skipping it, so why mess with it?   I admit to having second thoughts when I saw the girl walk by with the root beer float she had made, but since I had already made up my mind, I resisted.  The best news, I didn't leave feeling like I had missed or given anything up.  My relationship to food is shifting.  It is becoming sustenance rather than my friend and comforter.  This is GOOD!

No comments:

Post a Comment