Thursday, June 21, 2012

Spartan Race PNW Sprint

I have delayed writing about this last weekend's Spartan Race because I am not quite certain what to share.  This race, for me, was much harder than AZ.  I am certain that all the hills had something to do with it.  Running the Hurricane Heat at 5:30 am prior to my race time I KNOW had something to do with it.  This bad boy definately had something to do with it :



That is  a barb wire crawl, uphill, 100 yards.  It was so steap that the placed ropes on the top 1/4 of it because otherwise no one could have gotten up.  Oh, and guess what?  I did that thing TWICE.  Yep- 2 times.  Why you ask?  Because I am crazy.... CRAZY AWESOME!!! 

Seriously though, it is because I participated in the Hurricane Heat.  This was the most fun ever.  If you get the opportunity, I would strongly suggest doing it.  I had a blast and met some fabulous people.  Here is our team afterward.

Now, to the race itself. We were in the 10:30 heat. I have to say that as each heat was going off and the announcer, Billy, was asking who it was their first time for a Spartan Race, I couldn't believe how many fell in that group. It was so exciting to see all these new Spartans!!!

This course, although shorter than Arizona, was certainly just as hard or harder because of the terrain.  Just like Arizona, I failed the rope climb, spear throw and traverse wall all in a row - so 90 burpees.  I am certain they put those 3 together intentionally, just for people like me, lol!

This video on you tube is a pretty good one of the course.  Many of these obstacles I did multiple times because of being part of the Hurricane Heat.

I am also very, VERY proud of my Spartan Son. He ran with me in the 10:30 and has an amazing story. That is for another day though.
Only Spartan Women give birth to Spartan Men

No comments:

Post a Comment